How to Dial
Fishers Island Telephone is now ten digit compliant.
Example (from Listing): Fishers Island Telephone Corp… 788-7001
For Fishers Island Telephone Numbers
- Weekdays 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.: Dial 631-788-7001
- Other Times: Dial 1 + area code +555-1212, (surcharge will apply)
Direct Distance Dialing (DDD) Station to Station Calls
- Within the 631 area: Dial 1 + 631 + listed number
- Other Areas: Dial 1 + area code + listed number
How to use Direct Distance Dialing if you don’t know the area code or number:
- First get the Area Code if you don’t know it – Dial the “Operator”
ask for the area codes for the state you want to call
- Then get the Number – Dial the “Information Operator”
Dial 1 + Area Code + 555-1212
When the Information Operator answers, first give the city or town, then the name and address you are calling. If the place you are calling is not listed, dial “Operator” and ask for information in the distant city.
- Dial the Call – following the DDD Dialing instructions above.
Long Distance Calls
To make an out-of-state, operator-assisted long distance call:
Dial 0 + Area Code + Number
To reach the out-of-state long distance operator:
To make an interstate call through a specific long distance company other than the one serving the line you are using:
Dial 1 + 0 + 1 + Carrier Access Code (4 digits) + 1
Call 1 + 0 + 1 + Carrier Access Code (4 digits) + 0
(for operator-assisted calling)
International Calling Plans available. Sign up: 631-788-7001
- First, dial the international access code: 011
- Next, the country code: (a 2 or 3 digit number)
- Then, the city code: (a 1 to 5 digit number)
- Then, the local number
Example: To place a call to London with a country code of 44 and a city code of 1, you would dial:
011 + 44 + 1 + 1234567
They will be glad to help you.
Residential calling plans are available. Contact our office for current rates. For Business Calling Plans call AT&T – 1-888-944-0447.